Well I made another thing!
I may have mentioned that when I visited Ikumi in Amsterdam I stumbled on fabric market which had so. much. amazing. fabric.
For so little money.
So I already used some of my fabric stash to make a raw silk gradient dye top, and some to make a giant reading pillow for Andy, plus matching rug-thing. Oh yeah, and this geometric golden pillow comes from that stash.
But I also headed home with some super-fine olive green silk, which then became a little top.
The aim was to make something completely loose and unstructured, and as lightweight-as-possible for summer. I’ve been getting a lot of neck pain recently, and am shying far away from structured button-downs, which tend to just add weight on my shoulders (because boobs).
It’s self-drafted (i.e., I just made a little sack and added ties), and I may have actually erred on the side of over-loose when it comes to the armholes. It definitely requires a tube top underneath for work.
Behold, a keyhole!
The material is ridiculously fine, which is lovely, but which made it super, super tricky to sew. However, after a few false starts and a few attempts by my sewing machine to eat the whole thing up, it gradually came together.
I did cheat a bit though, by folding along the bottom, instead of adding another opportunity for hemming. This also made it easier to cut and ‘match’ the two layers (necessary to prevent see-through-ness).